There is only one chance to make a first impression, which can decide on someone's failure or success. On company-level, this concept has even greater effect. This is why good employer branding is the key to a successful representation of your company. It acts like your business card but in a much wider sense. With competition nowadays, you want to make sure to represent your culture, values, personality and work ethics the best way possible for the world to see. This guide is here to help you with that.
What are the benefits?
First of all, good employer branding will help you immensely to stand out and get more attention. This creates chances to get access to a wider audience and influencers while attracting top talents and retaining them.
- Stand out and get more attention
- Access to a wider audience and influencers
- Attracting and retaining top talents
What is my employer brand?
Your employer brand is the appearance of your company. Try to take an objective look at it and find out what impression you would get when getting in contact for the first time. Also, try to get some feedback to see if the vision of your company matches the message you are trying to spread.
How to create the best employer brand for yourself?
Adjust. This means that first of all you have to be clear about your target audience. For tech companies, for example, these are developers, programmers, etc. When you know that, do your homework: find out more about your potential candidates, what kind of vocabulary they use, what could draw their attention job-wise, what they are looking for etc. This way you can adapt your company brand and raise your chances for a greater response.
Leave no space for misconceptions or questions, i.e. give as many relevant information as possible. Everyone who comes into contact with your company must be able to understand your concept and find information they need. At the same time, be careful not to overwhelm with unnecessary information.
Enhance your advantages. This is crucial for good employer branding and making your company stand out. If the offered compensation is not extraordinary, accentuate your work policy which leaves much space for growing and learning or flexible working hours and a pleasant working environment. One of the ways to improve your selection is to create your own candidate persona. This will give you perfect picture of what you are looking for out there.
Special offer: Make your own candidate persona by simply answering the questions. Download the Candidate Persona Template for FREE and create it today.
How to attract top technical talents?
Here goes the same rule as on the previous one: First of all, adapt your recruitment marketing activities to the requests of your target group.
However, there are some requirements that are generally preferred, non physical aspects such as:
- Personal growth. This can be achieved by providing access to specialized conferences, trainings etc.
- Adequate management especially important for tech candidates who need a superior who understands the topic and is able to give concrete information.
- A unique product. Do you have a new and exciting product? Great! A lot of candidates love to get challenged and being able to show what they can do.
- Physical workspace characteristics. A pleasant and stimulating work space with adequate tools and equipment along with amenities like free drinks is always a plus.
Lastly, let´s look at the general key factors for good employer branding and attracting top tech talents:
- Good and fair relations with existing and future employees. A loyal and satisfied employee will always bring you advantages and a good working climate shows instinctively.
- Fairness and credibility. If you promote yourself in a certain way, make sure to keep what you promised and claim to stand for. Be consistent in your work ethics. This makes a desirable employer.
- Motivating and different. A motivating and visionary employer who gives a chance to achieve something completely new very often beats an attractive salary.
Diggin' this content? Sign up for updates...It's FREE!
Your email is safe with Adopto. No spam, just great content.